Who we are
Welcome to Culture Works. Our website address is: www.cultureworks.ie
General Data Protection Regulation
1. Lawful Use Of Data
We will only use your personal data where we have a lawful basis to use it. We will only use your data where it is necessary for us to perform our contact with you (through our website, email, ticketing platform and newsletter provider), or in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights.
We may sometimes need to use data to comply with our legal obligations (for example to pass on details related to fraud). In other instances, we will ask for your consent to use your data, for example, where you sign-up to receive our email newsletters.
2. Information Automatically Logged
We use your IP address to administer and monitor use of the Websites through Google Analytics.
Your continuing use of the Websites means that you consent to Culture Works using cookies. If you would rather that we did not collect data in this way you can choose to accept or reject cookies in your browser’s privacy settings. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org
Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies may mean you are unable to access certain areas or features of our sites.
4. Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect personal data about you that you give to us, that we collect from your visit to our website, ticketing service, newsletter and social media pages. The data we collect includes your name, address, email address and telephone number allowing us to fulfill ticket orders that have been placed online through our ticketing platform Ticket Tailor.
Your name and email address allow us to send you email newsletters and up to date information about our products and services, where you have given us your consent to do so. We do not store any payment card numbers once the transaction has been completed. We will share this data with credit card companies to facilitate the order process as per your ticket order confirmation.
4.1 Newsletter Sign Up
Culture Works offers the opportunity to sign up to a newsletter. Contact information entered when subscribing will be used to send you our newsletter.
The information provided will not be passed on to any third party unless you have given us permission to do so. If you sign up for any of our newsletter and subsequently change your mind, you may opt out at any time or unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of all newsletters you receive from us.
4.2 Information entered through a survey
Contact information asked for as part of any Culture Works online survey may be used to get in touch with you about the survey. This information may also be used to inform future policy and promotional strategies.
5. Trusted Third Party Service Providers
Culture Works may share your information with trusted third party service providers to allow us to deliver our services to you. When we do share your data with these third parties we only provide the information they need to perform the service. These third party service providers are:
- Ticket Tailor
- Google Analytics
Culture Works uses MailChimp to deliver our newsletters to you. Although MailChimp is an American organisation, it has EU/US Privacy Shield Certification, which provides appropriate safeguards to individuals’ personal data.
6. External Links
Our Website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
7. Keeping Your Personal Data
We may also keep hold of some of your personal data if we are required to do so for legal purposes, for example, to meet our legal or regulatory requirements or to prevent fraud and abuse. For example, we will keep your order data for 6 years after you place an order with us to allow us to comply with our legal obligations with The Revenue Commissioners.
8. Up To Date Personal Data & Security
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. If you have an account with us, please keep your details up-to-date.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure and we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial procedures, including Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, to protect your personal data. Our employees who have access to and process your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
9. How To Unsubscribe
If you are receiving any communications from us that you do not want, you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe as follows by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the unsubscribe button on the bottom of any e-communication you receive from us.
10. Data Protection Rights
Under GDPR, you have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Subject access – the right to request details of the Personal Information which Culture Works holds and copies of such information
- Right to Withdraw Consent – where you have consented to Culture Works’s processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time
- Rectification – the right to rectify or update any incorrect or inaccurate personal data
- Erasure (the right to be forgotten) – the right to have personal data erased in certain specified situations
- Restriction of processing – the right in certain specified situations to require to stop Culture Works processing personal data
- Object to processing – the right to object to specific types of processing of personal data, such as, where the processing is for the purposes of direct marketing
- Prevent automated decision-taking – in some circumstances, the right not to be subject to decision being taken solely on the basis of automated processing
- Right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission in Ireland
- How to enforce your rights
We may ask you for proof of your identity before dealing with your request, as a security measure to protect your data.