Local Live Performance Programme Scheme
Deadline: August 25, 17.00
Galway City Council announces outdoor performance opportunities for Galway City-based musicians, performers and artists.
Galway City Council invites professional musicians, performers and artists living or working in Galway City to apply to perform outdoors in the city under the Local Live Performance Programming Scheme. The scheme will be coordinated and curated by Culture Works. This scheme is funded by The Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.
The aim of this scheme is to facilitate the programming of outdoor live performances in Summer 2021. Performances will take place in a selection of outdoor public spaces throughout Galway City.
Criteria & Guidelines
Small scale performances, happenings, interventions and unplugged presentations through to amplified performances will be considered. Each performance will be approximately 30-45 minutes. Applicants should note where an outdoor set-up is required it will be simple and will suit a performer/ group with straightforward mic’ing requirements (i.e. no monitors or additional effects). Performers will be responsible for loading in and handling their own instruments/equipment.
Event management and publicity will be covered by Galway City Council. The proposal may be for multiple or single events. However, it is envisaged in the majority of cases that selected performers will be offered one performance.
The indicative payment range per performance will be between €250 and €600 for individual performers and €500 and €1,200 for groups. If your group consists of more than four performers, you may be eligible for up to €2,000 (please specify in your application)
The final programme will be agreed upon in partnership with Culture Works and Galway City Council: please note that feedback on applications will not be offered.
The closing date for applications is August 25, 17.00. For further information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, in the subject line please use Galway City Local Live Performance Programming Scheme
- The scheme is open to professional performers, artists and musicians only.
- All genres of performance are invited to apply (music, dance, circus, spectacle, street art, performance art).
- Performers / Musicians/Artists must live in or work in Galway City.
- Activities will be scheduled in various outdoor locations on weekends in the period of September to October 2021 and some flexibility around dates may be required.
- All applicants agree to abide by health and safety requirements.
- Preference will be given to proposed activities that are specifically suitable for a broad audience and families