Local Live Performance Programme Scheme
Deadline: August 25, 17.00
Galway City Council announces outdoor performance opportunities for Galway City-based musicians, performers and artists.
Galway City Council invites professional musicians, performers and artists living or working in Galway City to apply to perform outdoors in the city under the Local Live Performance Programming Scheme. The scheme will be coordinated and curated by Culture Works. This scheme is funded by The Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media.
The aim of this scheme is to facilitate the programming of outdoor live performances in Summer 2021. Performances will take place in a selection of outdoor public spaces throughout Galway City.
Criteria & Guidelines
- The scheme is open to professional performers, artists and musicians only.
- All genres of performance are invited to apply (music, dance, circus, spectacle, street art, performance art).
- Performers / Musicians/Artists must live in or work in Galway City.
- Activities will be scheduled in various outdoor locations on weekends in the period of September to October 2021 and some flexibility around dates may be required.
- All applicants agree to abide by health and safety requirements.
- Preference will be given to proposed activities that are specifically suitable for a broad audience and families